For Immediate Release Contact: Committee to Elect Sam Peters
April 16, 2020
Plan Will Protect America From Further Pandemics
Las Vegas, NV/April 16, 2020…Today Sam Peters, United States Air Force veteran, Bronze Star recipient, and Republican candidate for Congress in Nevada’s 4th District, announced his recovery plan to get Nevada and the United States back to work. Peters said this plan is designed to help revive the economy, cut federal spending to help pay for the stimulus bills and accumulated national debt, end political gamesmanship in Congress, and to protect our country from future pandemics.
The Peters Plan is:
- One-year moratorium on all new business regulations with an emphasis on regulation rollbacks.
- Fully fund border/port security.
- Cut all aid to states that grant licenses to illegal immigrants and cut all aid to sanctuary cities.
- Require state/federal programs to verify social security numbers in order to receive taxpayer funded benefits.
- Require businesses to use E-Verify citizenship verification system.
- Eliminate Congressional earmark spending and implement immediate presidential line item veto option.
- Expel Congressional members who engage in insider trading.
- Prohibit all lobbying on behalf of China.
- Create tax incentives to bring back manufacturing to the United States.
- Balance Budget Amendment.
- Make the Trump tax cuts permanent.
- Task Surgeon General to create a real national medical preparedness plan –with funds previously directed to go to the World Health Organization.
a. Part of the preparedness plan must have inclusion of certified ex-military medics (Full spectrum medical response plan)
- Permanently cut aid to World Health Organization and cut all foreign aid through any channel to identified hostile governments (China/Iran/others).
- Cut aid to the United Nations – Consider leaving if China retains new seat on United Nations Human Rights Committee.
- Freeze United States held assets of Chinese leaders – negotiate loan forgiveness as Chinese repayment of economic loss for Wuhan Pandemic.
- Immediate revision of EPA regulations on manufacturing and mining.
- Take discussion on reparations for illegals permanently off the table.
- Congressional members forego 50% of pay for two months like the rest of the country.
“It is essential to get this country and Nevada moving again,” said Sam Peters. “When I am elected I will work with President Trump and members of Congress to enact this plan. It is a plan that will continue our economic recovery from this pandemic caused downturn and also send a message to other nations that there are consequences for their actions.”
Peters is a veteran of the United States Air Force. He served his country in Afghanistan, Iraq, Panama, and Korea. He earned the Bronze Star for his efforts in Afghanistan.
After his service to our nation, Peters worked for two years as a corporate employee where he managed nearly $100 million in annual revenue across the largest geographical region in the United States. Peters settled in Las Vegas with his family, and exercising his entrepreneurial spirit, Peters founded Peters Family Insurance with two locations. He presently employs eight. He earned his bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice Administration, graduating Magna Cum Laude from Park University. He finished his Master of Science in Administration, with focus on law, through Central Michigan University. His continued thirst for knowledge, has also led him through a Graduate-Level Certificate Program in Organizational Finance from the University of Maryland University College.